Dusting




I know I am not the only one out there who really dislikes doing housework....

Some days I feel incredibly motivated to take charge of the mess before me, and other days, I allow the dust to collect and put it off for another day.

I had some ladies over on Friday night and figured on Thursday I would scrub the house until you could eat off the floor. So I went about my way, put some music on and started with dusting.

Living on a farm, there is dust all the time. You can dust your house and two hours later there is another layer waiting for you.

So, I was picking up objects and dusting them off, as one would do. Camera, remotes, figurine, bible, lip gloss.

I carry on like nothing even happened when all of a sudden the Lord stopped me dead in my tracks.

Did I just dust off my bible?

Honestly?

Yes. I cannot believe I am going to admit this, but I actually had to remove the dust from my bible.

The point was made and the lesson learned quickly...that there was clearly something wrong with what just happened.

I asked the Lord to forgive my flippant attitude towards his book and vowed to spend more time seeking Him through His word. I cherished the fact that God used a simple household chore to rock the core of my existence and make me realize that without his words of guidance, I am but a lost soul wandering the jungle without a map.

Oh Lord...don't ever leave me to flounder on my own. Please keep using the simple, to make the profound impact of the eternal.

Amen.

(On a side note. I realized I have never had to dust off my cell phone. Lesson learned.)





Comments

Popular Posts