Kicked Out!

It is official.

I have been kicked out of my job. ( I have not been fired, I have been placed on medical disability until the baby comes!)

I went today as the rain poured down like tears from heaven, and I walked pitifully to my car with my box of office goods. I packed up my pens, papers, pictures and quotes that get administratives through their days at work.

It was such a bitter sweet moment. I had been a personal assistant to the Executive Director. Served under her for several years doing my best to work with someone who was the exact opposite as me, and I as her. I had added so many little extras to my job to make it my own, to love coming to work and to make it a better place for the residents.

I left today feeling completely unappreciated. A quick goodbye and that was it. I realized two things about this experience.

One. Recognition for accomplishments is really the selfish desire to be noticed.
Two. When one isnt noticed...it hurts.

I then stopped in the middle of the parking lot, stood as the rain literally sheeted down on me, and asked God this...

"Is this what it feels like when I dont notice you?"

I came to the realization that I ignore God.

He makes the four chambers in my heart beat so that I do not die. He makes the blood in my veins run swiftly throughout my body so that I can have enough oxygen and circulation to stand up and move around...and once again live. He makes my brain function. For every emotion, every thought, every fear, every automatic response to things, every action big or small. He controls.

And yet I walk about this world and barely notice the miracle I am in the flesh. I am the creation of a God larger than the biggest elephant on the Serengeti plains. Larger than the largest galaxy which is still unknown to man. Larger than my deep desire to be noticed.

How silly am I.

And now, the Lord has taken it upon his shoulders to create yet another life in me. A growing clump of cells now formed into a backbone, spine, liver, heart and lungs. How incredible the thought of it. How infinite he must be. How could I not recognize such an amazing thing.

As did I think of my boss today after leaving work.

It is funny how in life sometimes the strangest of circumstances, which are unexpected and often unwilling, teach us the most profound thoughts and lessons.

I guess that is why they call him GOD.

:)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts