A Letter to Rowan

As read at his celebration...

Dear Lion-hearted little brave one...

I miss you.

Oh how my soul rejoiced at your courageous sound as you made your entrance into this world.

My little brave heart... being a warrior, as you faced challenges far too great for you to bear.

There has never been a love like this, consuming me and stretching my tiny, balled up, cold heart...than this love I have for you.

No earth, wind, fire or water could ever take over this place I have for you. In the deep of my deep, like the roots of the old oak tree, like the deep Indian ocean blue, holding secrets in its navy silk.

You are my prince.

Except no jem can shine as bright, no gold can buy this feeling of love I have for you.

I know you are in the place where the Master holds back his thunder and lightening from our tiny earth, only to unleash it as he sees fit.

I know that you have found favor with the One who knit your every vein and lifeline inside of me.

I know you know a love that is far greater than this Mother-lion can express, in her painful roar.

My son you are completely mine, completely Thine in all your amazing wonder...This world was too small to contain you!

This heart will rest easy babe, knowing you are holding the had of our Father.

Comments

  1. You are amazing Lori! Keep on being strong! Praying for you!

    LOve, Hege

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts