Eggshells

“Never tread lightly. Leave a deep impression wherever you go.”


This quote scares me.

I never tread lightly.


Our wedding is coming up in one month and the thing that I have learned most from this experience is that a wedding is rarely about the two getting married and more about the people you must tread lightly around.


I have never considered myself a tread lightly walker. I am opinionated and speak my mind, but with wedding fever, I have become a tread lighter lady.


Not wanting to offend either families, not wanting to hurt feelings, shed tears, make enemies, or loose friends. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to do that in any season of my life. However I find myself being more cautious about things and just sort of placating towards the needs of others.


I have also learned that weddings bring out all the should haves, want to’s, its all about me’ers and others who just want to suck the love out of the situation! These people are few and far between, but there is always one or two that seem to kill your zeal and fry your passion at times. These people also must be treaded around with great ease…not to crack further the ground they walk on!


I am walking on a season of eggshells these days….and as Marty from Madagascar says…


“Crack-a-lackin!” :)

Comments

Popular Posts